The One Thing You Need to Know Before You Turn 28 | Calling a Fan From Facebook
Obviously this was a loaded question/situation, but I really want to put emphasis on the fact that being 28 years old means that you still have 60 more years of ...
- [Phone Caller] Ah good, I watch you all the time and you actually helped me get out of a depression mode of mine and dude I love you, I’m inspired so much by you that a lot of people say I’m a lot like you.
- [Phone Caller] Yeah, Dad’s having kidney failure and I’m trying to find a little bit of motivation to keep on going with this business he’s having and he kind of screwed it up a little bit and I’m kind of lost on what to do and I don’t know if I should go ahead and start my own and let him see what he can by himself or what?
- Well, okay let’s break that down for a minute because obviously that’s intense and there’s a lot of emotion behind that. Is the business, like do you not know how to operate the business like, you know, if you’re doing it out of nobility and you know, honor, but you’re not capable, you know, of running it, you know, obviously you don’t wanna put yourself in that vulnerable spot, does that make sense?
- Of course I know what you mean. Look I think, you know, for me the right answer in these moments is for you to be overly, I mean it’s such a complicated conversation right? Like, it’s a really tough one but you know, I think you’ve gotta make a decision.
- Got it. I mean look, you got your whole fuckin’ life in front of you. I think 28’s a tricky number ‘cause people get confused ‘cause you’re post kind of that college era, 30’s looking you in the face and I think there’s an enormous amount of confusion in the system for 28 year olds about where they are in life.
- [Phone Caller] Yeah, that’s my biggest problem I been having lately and that’s why I’ve been watching a lot of you and watching a lot of your videos and a lot of things that you do and all kinds of other stuff and it taught kind of come out and realize you know, my time is when I ever find it.
That’s like two fuckin’ full lives more of execution and the problem with 28 is 28’s a fuckin’ tricky thing. 28’s fuckin’ tricky. 28 is fucking too many people up because I’m telling you that looking at 30, like wait a minute, it’s like oh shit 30’s here.
Shouldn’t I quote unquote have my life together? You know, and then at 28, you got you know, 5 to 50% of your friends that you went to high school or college with that are like, you know, getting married, having, you know, getting somewhere in their life, da da da.
- [Phone Caller] Well after I watched so many videos of yours, I snapped out of it and realized that my life is my life and nobody controls it and I’m going to be my own happiness. Nobody else can control that.
- That’s what’s up man and honestly, like, I just, that makes me happy and honestly I hope, I hope it’s really sinking in and it’s not just early words coming out of your mouth because once you go there, once you really, dude honestly brother, I’ll shoot it fuckin’ straight to you.
I’m 42 years old and I swear on everything I’ve got, I feel like I’m just starting and everything that people think I am and what I’ve accomplished and all that is shit in my own head ‘cause I’m like I haven’t even fuckin’ started.
- [Phone Caller] Yeah. Dude I left my girlfriend, I left, I couldn’t tell you how many friends I’ve thrown away. I couldn’t tell you how many friends that I just stopped talking to because they’re losers.
- Listen, some of the most painful things that so many people at 28 need to do is cut out negativity or people that are not going to the next place. Like cutting out all that shit is enormously, enormously impactful and that makes me happy man.